Under the direction of the Health Information Management (HIM) Coding Manager, this position supervises the inpatient and outpatient Coding Educators. Responsible for developing the strategy and delivering highly skilled Coding and CDI support and training. The position and the HIM System Educators will provide training, education, and mentoring to the IP and OP coding team, as well as, CDI staff for coding education. The Supervisor will assess and identify skills, competencies, and areas of learning and instruction needed for new hires, existing coding and CDI staff, as well as, other staff as needed. Develop the coding curriculum and training materials. The education team will need to be able to provide this training either in person and/or virtually. Work with business owners in defining, planning, implementing and evaluating the training required to ensure a smooth change management for coding operations, revenue cycle and affected areas. Responsible for evaluating, designing, coordinating and delivering a comprehensive range of training and education programs as it relates to the end-users needs. Provides onsite and/or virtual support of trainees, and acts as a knowledge resource for all staff. Collects and coordinates the collection of data by performing coding quality chart reviews, ensuring the reviews meet facility's, government and regulatory standards. Responsible for delivering the results of these chart reviews with reports that can be used to make informed business decisions, that are accurate, relevant and error free.
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience in both inpatient and outpatient facility coding, which is the subject area they are evaluating, reporting and providing training for.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient and various hospital departments’ information.
- Must be able to follow all Federal and State regulations, as well as all policies and procedures.
- Requires a basic understanding of all functions performed by the Coding and Revenue Cycle Teams.
- Requires strong computer skills in all areas of healthcare applications, technology, education and automated systems as well as Microsoft Products, Epic, PwC SMART and 3M software.
- This includes the ability to adapt to multiple client systems simultaneously.
- Requires a basic understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in implementing, designing, and delivering training programs and materials.
- Prefer an understanding of healthcare business and software and a strong ability to translate administrative and operating requirements into clear, specific, and actionable curriculum and then implement and teach those curriculums.
- Must demonstrate effective listening, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, highly collaborative and have the ability to be a positive influence on others.
- The ability to work in a team environment, as well as, independently while having the willingness to take ownership of responsibilities, is quality conscious and be able to manage time effectively and ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to continuously listen, react and suggest ways to complement or assist the work of others.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed