Supports leadership in daily coding activities including productivity monitoring, coding/edit charge review, failed claims/follow-up resolutions, training, education, and research. Ensures all professional aspects of the assignment of diagnostic and procedure coding is carried out in compliance with applicable Medicare, Medicaid, and third party payer guidelines to ensure receipt of accurate reimbursement. Adheres to internal coding policies and expectations set forth my management and acts as a trainer, resource, and mentor for less experienced staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- 5 years coding experience and completion of college level courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or similar required.
- Advance knowledge and experience in APP billing PATH Guidelines, E&M – Inpatient, Outpatient, Obs and Clinic highly preferred
- CEMC – Certified Evaluation and Management Coder highly preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
– CPC or CCS-P AND one of the following:
– CPMA or CEMC
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed