Remote Inpatient Coding Supervisor –
Under the general guidance of the Sr. Coding Manager, this position supervises the Inpatient coders that assign diagnostic and procedure codes to patient medical records for billing and statistical purposes. This position ensures that all codes assigned are compliant with the current coding guidelines, regulations and facility requirements. Will be responsible for the orientation and training staff for APR/DRG and ICD-10/PCS implementation, CMI impact monitoring and analysis and review and response to both internal and external case reviews/audits.
- Requires as Associates degree in Health Information Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires completion of a Coding certificate course appropriate to support responsibilities.
- Requires a minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare acute care coding experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior experience must include direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities (e.g. reviewing work of others, lead on projects, orienting and training others).
- Requires the ability to pass a coding exam prior to hire.
- Prefer training in 3M Encoder/ HDM /ARMS, and Epic systems.
- Must have current Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP). Prefer credentials as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA). Prefer credentials as an AHIMA ICD-10 Trainer.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to code inpatient charts.
- Requires knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, surgical terminology, pharmacological terminology, patient care documentation terminology, ICD-9-CM, and ICD-10/PCS codes.
- Must have ability to read and interpret a wide number of entries to accurately identify and assign diagnosis and procedure codes utilizing the encoder and all available authoritative literature/resources. Must have the analytical ability necessary to interpret data contained in records andto assign appropriate codes and the visual acuity necessary to read and decipher handwriting. Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge through self-education and professional development.
- Requires the ability to work well independently and use complex independent decision making.
- Must have a high level of understanding of computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed