Remote IP Coder: Under the direction of the Coding Supervisor, the Coder III assigns diagnostic and procedure codes to patient medical records. Must have extensive Acute Inpatient coding experience, in multiple areas of specialty. Position is specialized to code inpatient cases, and be able to code a variety of other patient types. Maintains coding productivity and quality benchmarks as prescribed by the Coding Policy and Procedures of the client
- Must possess knowledge of ICD-10-CM, PCS, CPT/ HCPCS; Severity of Illness and Risk of Mortality codes; and to Query the Physicians, as appropriate.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to code all types of patient medical records including: Inpatient, Outpatient, Emergency Medicine, Behavioral Health, Observation, Infusion and Injections, Edits and Errors and Same Day Surgery.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain appropriate coding quality and productivity established in the Coding department policy and procedure.
- Must have a strong understanding of computer applications and of automated encoder system.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, surgical terminology, pharmacological terminology, patient care documentation terminology.
- Must have the analytical ability necessary to interpret data contained in records and to assign appropriate codes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to work well independently and demonstrate independent decision making abilities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
access takes about 3-7 days once all paperwork is turned in on the Optimizer software we upload it to
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed