Reporting to the Corporate Coding Manager, responsible for supervising coding, data abstraction and associated coding activities. Ensures accurate and timely coding of records according to policies and procedures. Manages workflow related to coding and abstracting, provides direction for coding activities and productivity standards required to reach unbilled targets at all hospitals in the region. Performs duties as necessary to support the coding quality improvement process both in the region and at corporate.
– Responsible for the day-to-day management of the coding staff to include staffing and work assignments. Monitors time off and attendance reports. Identifies opportunities for bill hold reductions and reduce turnaround time on outstanding accounts. Identifies opportunities for efficiencies, reviews processes, and implements as approved. Ensures DNFC targets are met by mitigating downtime, decreasing holds, and ensuring timely coding TAT.
– Manages productivity and quality reports to ensure 95% coding quality standard is met and includes performance improvement plans when applicable. Identifies training needs for staff; designs, develops, schedules, and implements training activities as needs are identified.
– Works with the corporate coding manager to identify and address any missed opportunities regarding revenue, reconciliation of discharge disposition status and record integrity
– Implements policies and procedures to assure clear and consistent operation of coding areas while meeting departmental and organizational needs. Participates with the implementation organizational goals, policies, procedures and budget. Maintains all assurance and improvement activities for supervised functions.
– Participates in all supervisory functions, including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining for all direct reports. Maintains and updates job descriptions, job standards and procedures for supervised areas. Completes new hire and annual performance assessments timely.
– Promotes positive co-worker relationships through teamwork and collaboration. Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with coding staff and applicable team members. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests
– Demonstrates competency in the use of 3M software, including multiple groupers as well as all computer applications in area of responsibility.
– Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding classification systems. The analytical abilities necessary to prepare various reports and records. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of department personnel, other departments, physicians and individuals from outside the Hospital. Must have above average general office and computer skills
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed